Thursday, July 19, 2012

Day 7 Flowers


The last card I have is from Day 7 - Flowers. I didn't have the stamp set they used in the class, so I used my HA Blossom Art set and paper pieced and layered the flower.

I added a little blue background using HA Envelope pattern. I made a mask with copy paper and a spellbinder's reverse wonky rectangle. I stamped the image inside the cut-out area of the copy paper. The image came out a little lighter than I planned, but if you look close, you can see it.



I used dimensional adhesive to pop up the petals and the leaves. I added a little glitter to the flower with a glitter pen and blue stickles on the flower center. The sentiment is from Lawn Fawn. I wasn't quite satisfied with it until I rounded the bottom right corner.  The paper is MME's 6x6 Away We Go for the flower, and Echo Park Dots and Strips for the leaves.

Hopefully I will have some time later to make a couple more cards. So far, I have loved watching the videos and trying some of the new ideas from the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment