Thursday, January 19, 2012

Dress-up Snowman Gift card holder

For Lawnscaping Challenge #26  the theme is Winter Wonderland.




So of course I wanted to use my LF Making Frosty Friends stamp set. Don't you just love this adorable snowman?  I had trouble deciding how I should outfit this cute guy, so I made a card that allowed the recipient to choose their own hats, scarf, and mittens. They can add the top hat and mittens, or the ear muffs and scarf - whatever they want, because they are just stuck down with removable adhesive. The snowman is also paper-pieced, but glued down.



I included a pocket to slip in a gift card - a Tim Horton's card. Now they can enjoy the cold, snowy weather with a hot tea (or coffee) to keep them warm.


We finally have some winter weather - snowy and cold...brrrr. Hopefully it is packing snow!

Have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. Super sweet! What a great idea too! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so creative! An interactive card. This would be great for kiddos! Thanks for visiting my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a really cute idea, an interactive card at its best! And those colors are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How creative is this. I loved it at first sight, and then when I read that you made it to where the recipient can dress the snowman themselves because you used removable adhesive, I though GENIUS! I love this! What a fantastic idea Karen! This is awesome! I am so glad you played along with us this week!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeanette I love your idea. The card holder is going to love switching the outfits on the snowman. I had fun picking out all the different combinations he could wear just looking at the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever idea! The card is really cute and also fun! I Love, love this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an ingenious idea! So, so cute! Hope you don't mind me borrowing it:)

    ReplyDelete