Monday, January 14, 2013

Honorable Gnome from Lawnscaping - Make it Shine challenge

Shortly before Christmas, I received my prize from Lawn Fawn (from a previous Lawnscaping Challenge). I was so excited to get it! I had to test it out right away. I made two step cards - the second one with more layers and gingerbread men/girls. :)

Since I used my flickr account to post the card and enter the challenge, I didn't really go into much detail about how I made it. Unfortunately, I can't remember the site I was at for the tutorial on it....I had planned to make the blog post right after the holidays.


I started by cutting and folding the step card, using Neenah solar white cardstock. I cut two sets of hills for each of the front two folds. I adhered the larger hills to the step card with scor-tape, and then popped up the smaller hills on dimensional foam. I frosted the edges of them with Martha Stewart glitter embossing powder. The back panel is another piece of Neenah cardstock that I stamped with my IO snowflake stamp and heat embossed. I used Tim Holtz distress inks for the sky (Tumbled Glass, Faded Jeans). I coloured the images with Copics and trimmed the trees with a white gel pen.



To get the texture on the gingerbread house, I coloured the main part of the house with Copics and then stamped it with my Penny Black Paisley stamp - that I had misted with a little rubbing alcohol. Once it had dried, I coloured the rest of the house.


I created a gingerbread person for each member of my nephew's family. I just love this stamp set - it is so fun to use!

I was so excited to see that I had been chosen as one of the Honorable Gnomes for the challenge.

The current challenge at Lawnscaping is Let's Party! They are celebrating their 2nd birthday! The challenge ends on January 16th. I have many birthday cards that I need to make for January and February, so hopefully I can have one done in time to enter the challenge!

Have a great night!

2 comments:

  1. and we absolutely LOVE that card SOOOOO much! (we save all your cards and taggies etc!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super sweet scene!

    ReplyDelete