Thursday, November 15, 2012

Hero Arts November Contest

I am so happy that I managed to get my new tag in before the deadline for the latest Hero Arts contest.
 
 
I used my awesome Hero Arts Snow Much Joy snowman and die for this tag (I can't help using it - it is so cute!)
 

I cut the tag (Tim Holtz Tag and Tie Die) twice using Neenah solar white cardstock. I embossed the tag base with my Sizzix snowflake embossing folder and distressed the raised snowflakes with my jumbo dauber and HA's Soft Pool ink. I trimmed the top off the second tag, and ripped the bottom off. I lightly 'coloured' both pieces with the same ink and stamped HA's Snowflake Tree on them. I also used the Soft Pool ink to colour my sheer ribbon and distress the edges of my sentiment banner (Wplus9 banner die).

I paper pieced the hat, holly leaves and scarf on the snowman. The paper is MME's Lost and Found Christmas (snowman's body), Echo Park Very Merry Christmas (hat), Kaiser Craft (leaves) and the scarf is just a scrap of neenah cardstock rubbed with Soft Pool ink.

I added some black enamel accents for the eyes, and glossy accents for the nose. Some shading was done with pencil crayons.

I really enjoyed making this snowman tag. I was quite happy with the embossed background and the perfect size of the snowflakes on the Snowflake Tree stamp.

I'd like to say thank you to my followers (some of which are fairly new) and others who comment on my blog, for their kind words.

Now that I'm done making the tags for the church bazaar (which sold out before we got to the bazaar to look around) I can hopefully start playing in some challenges again. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Jeanette you have so many wonderful details incorporated into this adorable tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic as always!! :)

    and congrats on being a hit at the bazaar! i told you it would go awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete