Friday, June 15, 2012

Remaining cards for the Card Set

After a lot of searching through my stamps, and testing at least 12 different ones, I chose Hero Arts 'Three Flowers' CG128. I used the largest of the three flowers and paper-pieced them, just like the butterflies. Since the flower is bigger than the butterfly, I had to change the Spellbinders die I used. For 2 of the butterfly cards, I used the Reverse Wonky Rectangles, but for the larger flower, I used Labels 17 (my first die). It allowed for more room around the flower.

I also didn't have enough room to mat the flower, like the butterfly cards, so I had to find some other way. I must have spent an hour (or more) trying different ways to incorporate a mat before I decided to take a break. During my break I watched a video from the Hero Arts blog by Julie Ebersole.  I found inspiration in that video and went back to my work table to try it out. I made a larger strip of patterned paper than her card, but I really wanted some of that pretty paper to be visible. I did a sample first before trying it for real - I tend to make too many mistakes otherwise. :)
So, here are the remaining cards for the gift set I'm making. (All I need to do is make a box for them all.)







The paper is MME Miss Caroline Howdy Doody 6x6.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Jeanette your set of cards is lovely! Love how you used the same layout but changed the colors for the flowers. Each card is unique and the set is gorgeously coordinated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeannette, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete