At the beginning of May, the Lawn Fawn Blog posted a video by the very talented Yainea. She showed how to make a beautiful shaker card. It was a great video; I just wish I had taken some notes before I attempted my card. I guess I waited a little too long before making it and forgot a few important details.
First the card, then some of the issues:
I wanted to use white foam, but the only white foam I had was thin. I thought, 'no problem, I'm using glitter so it won't matter.' Well, that was my first mistake. -sigh- I should have used the thicker foam. The clear plastic I had was from a report cover. It would have been fine, except for the static - all the glitter stuck to it (even after I wiped it with an anti-static cloth). I also did my glueing in the wrong order. I adhered (with the wrong glue even!) the clear plastic to the foam ring and then glued it to the card. I should have re-watched the video.
I had a lot of issues with: glue, glitter falling everywhere, etc... I won't go into all that, though.
In the end, I changed to small beads. Again, this would have worked fine if I used the thicker foam like the video told me to. I then glued it to the wrong side of the card base. I was ready to cry at this point. So my daughter suggested to cut the card and adhere it to a new one - since I had used scor-tape and couldn't get it off the base. Now my card is front-heavy.
I would have started all over again, but I don't have enough of this gingham paper from MME. I choose this paper for my sister (the card is for her birthday). I'm not sure if I'm going to give it to her or just make a new, plain card. I still have a little time to decide.
I am entering my card in the following challenges: