Tuesday, August 23, 2011

CASE Study Challenge

The inspiration at CASE Study Challenge Blog this week is Chupa! Her cards are amazing. I really liked the Christmas cards she had on her blog. As soon as I found this card, I knew it was the perfect one! I love the PB stamp she used and the layout was great.

For mine, I used Bo Bunny papers. I coloured part of the image with Copics, and paper pieced the rest. I realized quickly that I was going to have a problem with the tree ornaments. I tried glitter and gems, but didn't like either of them. So I settled with punching little circles of coloured paper. Next time I will do it differently. I used my white gel pen for the fur on Mimi's clothes, but the red started to show through as pink. I also added some white Enamel Accents, but I can still see the pink in spots. Again, something to improve on for next time. Overall, I'm happy with the way the card turned out, and I will definitely make a few of these for Christmas cards (once I figure out what to do about the ornaments.) :)

Here is the inside. The sentiment is from Hero Arts.
I'm also entering it in the Penny Black weekly challenge - PB elegant.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my, this is so pretty! Got to love Mimi :) Thank you so much for playing!! xxx

    ReplyDelete